Coping Skills


Coping Skills






January 23, 2012

Friends I do not give into depression. Actually, I have learned through my recovery that I don’t even like to call it depression. I don’t like the word depression, nonetheless feeling it. If I have an episode it will last like three days and then I pump myself back up and keep going on. I think about positive energy and light. Negative energy be gone! Positive energy welcome! I reject those horrible feelings with empowering words and affirmations. Yes I can! I am a survivor not a victim! I will get through this. I am a beautiful strong human being. There is light in my soul. God is with me. I have found healing. These are my coping strategies. I hate it when things are dark and gloomy, why be sad when you alone have the power to transform those feelings of despair by finding the resilience of your spirit. There is life after horrible things happen, a beautiful bountiful life. God didn’t make you to be weak but to be courageous and fight. The people that have hurt me and used me, thrown me in the time out room, the patient that took advantage of me, the police officer that stalked me at 2a.m and demanded blow jobs when I was only 21 years old and he was 30 years old-I have something to say to those people and it’s not something out of spite or revenge. It is the way I view the world. Fight negative energy with positive energy. The Lord, my God watches from above and know the truth. Those people will reap what they sew.

So friends, peers, blog readers, survivors, people with lived experience, you are not alone. Reclaim your joy and happiness. Do not give in to the gloom and doom, there is light. There was always light, in your soul there is hope. Remember hope is everlasting and blessing eternal…look deep inside and you will see the beauty within.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hallucinations and Illusions: The Horns on the Virgin of Guadalupe

The Shaman

When you Neglect Yourself