Psychosis is a 6th Sense: Embrace it!


Psychosis is a 6th Sense: Embrace it!

6-15-15

My mentor, Dr.Zamora, once told me that psychosis may be a 6th sense. I’ve always considered Dr. Zamora brilliant as a psychologist . The thought of it made me ponder until I realized that it is absolutely true. Once time I told a friend that I thank God for blessing me with a mental illness because it made me stronger. He thanked me for helping him see the positive things about having a mental illness. He said he is thankful for schizophrenia because through his mental illness he can talk to his deceased parents. His deceased parents convinced him not to jump off a train. He walked with his deceased parents on the railroad tracks.

               Think about it. It can be pretty cool. You step into another realm, another world far from sanity. But really you see things other people don’t see. You can talk to dead people. I embrace my psychosis. The positive factor is that with reality testing. I know they are not real. I know they are hallucinations. It started happening at church when I would stare at the portrait of the Virgin of Guadalupe as I prayed. At first she would smile at me but then suddenly her tongue stuck out and she turned into the devil. I challenged it and stared at her until she smiled. The mind is very powerful but with reality testing we can control psychosis. It does break my heart when she starts crying and usually it happens when I haven’t gone to church in a longtime, hmm interesting. I pray to her until she smiles.                                                            I take the maximum dosage of anti-psychotics and still experiences many symptoms of psychosis. The key is reality testing. Psychosis isn’t always scary. It can be fascinating. I was walking my service dog, Gypsy Blue, to Starbucks. Then I saw a woman walk into Starbucks with a dog.I started walking faster. I wanted to say hello. When I got inside, there was no woman with a dog.

               Lately I have been seeing white shadows and beams of light. The other day,I saw a man with white pants in my living room. But I constantly have to remind myself that it not real. It’s not real. It’s not real. It is all in my mind. It’s my psychosis. It’s my 6th sense.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you Neglect Yourself

Mental Illness-what happened to the beautiful prom Queen

Hallucinations and Illusions: The Horns on the Virgin of Guadalupe