Book Signing: Hope is Forever, Never broken


I realized how much I suffered after getting off my morning dosage  of medication. I just hated being so sedated at work but I learned my lesson. I rather be sedated than psychotic. The auditory hallucinations are a nightmare. However, hope was never lost. I reached out for help. While at the emergency room, the doctor added a low dosage or Seroquel. Wow now I'm on 3 anti-psychotic medications. Yup you got! Yes I am that psychotic lol. I'm also on Saphris and Geodon. Max dosages. Finally, my book signing was last Saturday Aug.25th, 2018. Thank God I felt stable, happy, healthy. Yes, I will be honest I had to pop an Ativan for anxiety 15 minutes before my book reading and I felt I did great.
The book signing was a success and I was able to build public awareness, decrease stigma, and build hope in my community. The most memorable part of the entire event was that my mother attended. My mom has never attended my book signings and it was a huge honor to have my beloved mommy there supporting me. My family brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews and their boyfriends were there. I really felt like there is a reason that I am alive today and that is to share my story. Mental illness challenges my life everyday. It not only effected me but  my family and loved ones. That is why I love them so much. They never left my side. My childhood best friend and her daughter were there and work co-workers, friends, and people  from the community. My friend Guillermo did an amazing job with the catering and décor.
I'm so happy my mom was there. My mother is the reason why I am where I am today and she never gave upon me. The best thing before I die is knowing my mom came to one of my book signings. That is a memory of a lifetime. I want to thank all those who have supported me in my journey of mental health recovery. It has been hard and many times I wanted to give up/I felt like Bipolar Girl (My mental illness) wanted to murder me. However, hope was never lost. If you are on your own journey remain hopeful because hope is forever and never broken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you Neglect Yourself

Mental Illness-what happened to the beautiful prom Queen

Hallucinations and Illusions: The Horns on the Virgin of Guadalupe