When She Dolls Up



 



 

            It is clinically evident that I had so much anxiety, depression, mood swings, and psychosis and that caused functional impairments. I was not even able to maintain my activities of daily living. Even taking a shower was a challenge so bad that I needed reminders from my husband. You can forget about putting on make up and when I walk my dog, Gypsy Blue, I sometimes don’t even put a brush through my hair. You should see me teleworking I really do look like a cave woman, barefoot, messy hair, mismatched clothes and yoga pants.

            Finally, I knew I so desperately needed a makeover. I called my friend Silvia Monroe Baez, HairColorist. Silvia is absolutely beautiful ebony-black hair, red lips, and porcelain skin. She always looks stunning and presentable. I knew needed to be more like her and she was the right person to call.

            I went to Jae Valentine Hair Studio, and upscale classy salon in the city of Downey. I was so completely overwhelmed that for a moment I made Silvia not only my HairColorist but my personal therapist. Silvia is such a good listener and listened to all my problems while doing my hair. I felt so bad thinking, poor Silvia is probably listening to a lot of problems while people sit on her salon styling chair.

She colored my hair a beautiful vibrant red and gave me a stylish haircut, with lawyers and bangs. She also did the brazillian blow and flat ironed my hair.

I know she must have been exhausted but my goodness she made me feel so beautiful and glamorous. I loved my vibrant red silky hair and with my classic red lipstick. I put on a cute outfit and forget for a moment all the chaos in my mind and in the world. She even called me a trophy wife. I know there are so many women that missed their salons and were thrilled when they opened up again. Jae Valentine Hair Studio sanitizes everything and even take my temperature when I walk in, practice social distancing, and have me complete a form regarding COVID-19. I always felt safe going there.

            I started going to Jae Valentine Hair Studio every three months and every time I went, I left feeling like one million bucks. I was so grateful to her for making me feel beautiful, I designed her business cards for her birthday. She was thrilled and happy and said, and kept saying it was the best birthday gift ever.  I have never seen anyone that happy to get a gift from me. When she arrived to my home to pick up the business cards she arrived with a beautiful bath gel, bath salt and lotion gift in a little birdcage with a pink heart balloon.  I was so happy thinking, “Gosh Silvia has a golden heart.“ It wasn’t even my birthday.

Silvia stayed for a while at my home. I didn’t look that great. I looked like a plain Jane with barely any make up however my hair looked amazing with the brazillian blow out. Silvia stat on the couch with me and comforted me as I told her that I didn’t like to get ready anymore and only dress up for a special events or when I go in the office. She looked at me with compassion with her beautiful big- brown eyes and long eyelashes and said,  to me and my husband, “I know it is hard but boy when she dolls up.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When you Neglect Yourself

Mental Illness-what happened to the beautiful prom Queen

Hallucinations and Illusions: The Horns on the Virgin of Guadalupe